Saturday, January 27th, 2018
Recently I caught up with 26 year-old Chicagoan Julian “Juwop” Gaines, an artist who’s caught the eyes of many from Teyana Taylor to Curren$y to Virgil Abloh to Nike. Juwop’s custom swoosh designs are nothing ordinary, from using paint to literal grass to designing jackets, jeans, canvases, and much more. Juwop was recently responsible for collating with Jumping 23 in which he placed his signature aesthetic on one of the most anticipated releases of the month, Travis Scott‘s Levi Jordan 4’s. Although he has now made his presence known at the headquarters of Nike, his journey required much sacrifice, risks, and a lot of determination. Peep our podcast interview to learn how he’s taking over the art world one project at a time.
Friday, January 12th, 2018
It’s that time of the year where you’re either transitioning the heat on your feet or staying consistent with what you already have in your closet. Here’s some feet heat that we are eyeing this winter.
- Louis Vuitton Customized Air Force 1s are ususally a very rare thing to peep but we did ! You can typically customize a pair through Etsy.
- Chelsea’s rhinestone black boots are from the My Perfect Pair boutique based in Greensboro, NC.
- Gabriel’s Wave Runner 700 are hard to find at a good price (depending on what you view as good). The sneaker that strays from the typical Yeezy silhouette incorporates technology for comfortability and a mix of neutral and cool tones that bring the dad shoe of 2017 to life. You mayor may not can check out the sneaker through Gabriel’s store Request Boutique (located at Four Seasons Mall on the 2nd floor)or through Worldwide Accessories
- Sonny is rocking the customized Winter Rose Nike Air Force 1s Low to compliment his Burgundy velvet tracksuit.
- Dvonn took it all the way back with his Reebok x BBC Green Suede sneakers. You will rarely come across these but when you finally cop them, you’ll see that the hunt was worth it.
- It seems like Nike has been on a roll with their releases as of lately and out of all their releases, their “All Over” Air Force 1s definitely stand out. You can cop the sneaker from most local retailers, but in this case these kicks were brought to you by Social Status! Def a great cop for the season.
Friday, January 12th, 2018
In 2018, we’re serving looks and we’re serving Inso at the same damn time. Class is about to start back, winter break has come to a close, and the weather is hella confusing but nevertheless, you can still be fly. Here are some LOOKS that are moving us into the new year on a fresh start:
- This fushia velour jumpsuit is from Pretty Little Thing (PLT). I paired it with my fluffy white platforms that are also from PLT. The hoops are from the Beauty Supply but you knew that ! My outfit is the pretty much the description of cozy club-wear because you can dress it up with heels like me or dress it down with your favorite sneaker . Shop the $30 jumpsuit here .
- Patrick paired his vintage Red Nascar Bud Racing Motorcycle Jacket with his white/black Nike Cortez. Most resellers sell this jacket from $100 to $300 but luckily I found a replicate of the jacket on Ebay for only $60 and you can possibly find it for even cheaper at your local consignment shop depending on your area.
- NEXT we have Love Chelsayy (who you should definitely go subscribe to) wearing her two piece Blooming Set from Know Style USA for only $34! Browse and shop Know Style’s matching sets here !
- Graphic Designer for unhealthy4u.com is wearing a vintage Starter hockey jersey, a red supreme shoulder bag (you can cop that on Posh Mark, Ebay , and more than likely Depop as well), and navy blue/baby blue canvas suede strap on old school pro VANS . You can’t get anymore cozier than that.
- Casey is rocking Gingham high waisted pants, a black sheer woven tie front top, accessorized with a black beret, and vintage black shades.
- So for this look, my Guess Jeans shirt came from the reseller boutique REQUEST that was sent in by Round Two . From there I just paired it with some corduroy’s I picked up from the thrift store , a chain belt, and black ankle boots.
- Brittni is wearing a dyed fur coat (yasss to DIY), a mesh bodysuit, jeans, and accessorized with her multi-color snakeskin chain purse from ALDO.
- I like to spice it up, hence the spice girl look. I’m wearing trainspot sunglasses from Dolls Kill and my orange two piece latex set is from Sicko Cartel(who I love a lot).
- At last, we end with a cozy look. This cozy girl is rocking an oversized windbreaker, skinny jeans, the Zebra Yeezy Boost 350 , and Vintage MCM Shoulder Tote Bag.