These days when your in search of new music or a new sound these days, it’s kind of hit or miss whether it be through Beats 1, Tidal, radio, or the one outlet we really depend on for new mixes and etc Soundcloud. Here are some artists that you ought to keep watch on going into 2017.
- Alex Ruby– Charlotte Native; If you’re into the Charlotte scene whether that may consist of Rashaun Hampton, Frais, or Well$, the likelihood of you liking his new EP Ruby Summer is pretty high. Some of the best tracks off the 10 track EP would have to be Alex , Primo for sure, and Roxbury
2. Tange Lomax– Durham, NC; Tange has BEEN making heat, but 2017 she’s taking over. Recently the female MC dropped her single “I Got It” . This artist has an innovative flow and she is definitely not one to overlook.
3. Cool & Well Dressed x TSA– this Raleigh, NC collaboration stays putting out music but one single in particular had me diddy boppin’ back to NC. You can bump their nw single “Fuck Out My Face” here. CWD ALSO released Rasta’s EP “Elevated” EP which takes great emphasis on revolving human culture and is available to hear here .
4.INDICA– Alanta, GA; The East ATL DJ recently dropped his “Feelds “mix with some of your fave Atlanta artists along with electronic singles from Kaytranada and some House influences mixed with trap singles from Thugga (Young Thug) and Migos. It’s pretty much that perfect balance to get you right. Be sure to check it out right here, right now.
5. KAIN– Greensboro, NC- Earlier this month the NC native dropped his EP black : a story told by kain in which I would say this project to WAKE people up not only in our community but the world. One song in particular you’re going to want to really peep is Genny.
6. Von Sensei – Suffolk, VA; When it comes to this singer and his producer Andre Palace, they make nothing short of authentic. . He released his EP “The Wolf of All Streets” about two months ago and thus far, it’s been getting strong feedback. Some of his GEM’s would have to be “Von x Henny” and “Poetry &Chill”