Friday, March 18th, 2016
I was casually strolling through my email late last month and I came across an email from songwriter/producer Tony Jivers known as Apo11oTONE. He quickly jumped the small talk and let me know that there was an artist that I needed to take a look at so of course I’m interested in seeing what’s up. He then tells me that the artist goes by Asa Hood so I automatically assume that he’s a rapper (probably because I automatically thought about Ace Hood but that’s besides the point). It wasn’t until I would click on the track entitled “Decisions”, that would change my outlook completely. I really didn’t know what to expect out of the artist but I can definitely tell you that I don’t regret making the decision of finding out.
R& B singer Asa Hood who comes from the Charlotte area, started out like most versatile and even legendary R&B singers, in the church. This is where Hood would form his voice and prep himself only to decide taking on a different route of soulful music. The crazy thing that really stands out about this artist is that his very first single (Decisions) sounds far from a first song experiment but more like a mainstream R&B record. On top of that, the track (prod. by Jstacksbeat & Soulful Music) hasn’t even been out for more than 2 months and has already reached over 6,000 plays on Soundcloud. If you’re hip, you know that it’s pretty rare to see local artists get that much attention on their very FIRST single, but his voice is clearly speaking volumes. Next up for the Charlotte native will be the release of his first EP and personally I’m interested in seeing what the artist will be bringing forth. Until then, checkout this rising artist’s breakout single below, stay tune, and stay boisterous.
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
This week, I captured some street flame so of course I had to share ! Think you or someone you know have something to show that deserve a little keke, some talk, recognition, attention, etc? All you have to do is submit a photo of your kicks with the subject line “Shoe Netwerk Submission” to email@example.com
PUMA BY RIHANNA WOMEN’S (Oatmeal)CREEPER
Nike Air Force 1 “Nai Ke” Gym Red Hi Retro QS
adidas Superstar Athletic Shoe Pink Monochrome
Bathing Ape Bapesta Sneaker Red/White
Asics Gel Lyte III White/Pink/Purple
Adida Stan Smith-Powder Red
- PUMA BY RIHANNA WOMEN’S (Oatmeal)CREEPER – $120
- Nike AIr Force 1 ‘Nai Ke’ Gym Red Hi Retro QS – $200
- Adidas Superstar Pink Monochrome – $74.98
- Bathing Ape Bapeta Sneaker Red/White- $100
- Asics Gel Lyte lll White/Pink/ Purple – $90
- Adidas Stan Smith Powder Red – $100
Thursday, March 3rd, 2016
So right now we’re in that in between season where it’s snowing one day then the next it’s sunny and it just confuses you. Although the season feels crazy, no need take an L ! Here’s what made these EB trenders pop and also the links for you to cop! If you have a fit to sure, be sure to submit a photo with the subject “EB Trendin” to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. My fit is pretty minimal but luckily the jean jacket (which you can cop for ONLY $7 or less at your local thrift store) makes it look slightly edgy and I got my corduroy skirt from Forever 21
for $15 !
2. Sooooo like the peatcoat is crazy (you can purchase an inexpensive one from the thrift or your local retail store based off personal preference) but the Nike SFB Field 8″ Leather BOOTS really pull it all together. S/O to Nike
3. yasss the all black fit with the leather jacket is simple and grunge but can we have a moment of silence for the holographic handbag [pause] . The bag makes the outfit stand out X10 more and you can purchase it straight from here
4. Simple fit with the burgundy longline jacket looks great but what really stood out was the FANG LIFE hat amongst BrendenJBeatz
. You can cop all Fang Life merchandise at http://www.gpcnc.com/
5. Love the plaid knitted pant but the Bart Simpson jean jacket makes this fit so much more unique not to mention that the jacket was a rare find at the thrift but it turns out that it was once available at Etsy and www.triedandtrueco.com/
(dope website alert) but recently sold out of the product. If you want yours, be sure to lookout for a restock!